- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Hasn’t the weather been strange…could it be a warning?
- Genres: Thriller, Mystery, Drama
- Release Date: 1977-12-15
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: $0.8 million
- Revenue: $1.3 million
- Production Companies: Australian Film Commission, South Australian Film Corporation, McElroy & McElroy, Derek Power, Last Wave Productions
Cast & Crew
Richard Chamberlain, Olivia Hamnett, David Gulpilil, Frederick Parslow, Vivean Gray, Athol Compton, Peter Carroll, Walter Amagula, Michael Duffield, Nandjiwarra Amagula, Hedley Cullen, Wallas Eaton, Jo England, John Frawley, John Meagher, Malcolm Robertson, Greg Rowe, Katrina Sedgwick, Ingrid Weir, Tony Llewellyn, Jones
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Last Wave”
The Last Wave is a 1977 Australian mystery-drama directed by Peter Weir.
The film follows David Burton, a successful Sydney lawyer, who is assigned to defend five Aboriginal men accused of murdering a white man in a ritualistic manner. At first, David is dismissive of the case, but as he begins to dig deeper into the case, he starts to uncover a mysterious and ancient culture.
The men are members of an Aboriginal tribe that follows a religion based on ancient rituals, and they believe that the white man’s death is a sign of a coming apocalypse. David is drawn into their world as he begins to understand their beliefs and culture.
The film follows David as he attempts to uncover the truth behind the murder and the impending apocalypse. He meets with an anthropologist, who helps him understand the Aborigines’ culture and beliefs. As he learns more about the culture, he begins to see the world in a new way.
At the same time, David’s own life is in danger as he begins to uncover the truth. He discovers that the Aborigines are being persecuted by a powerful and mysterious force, and that they are trying to protect something from being discovered.
The film culminates in a dramatic climax as David and the Aborigines attempt to protect their culture and beliefs from the powerful force that is threatening them. The Last Wave is a suspenseful and thought-provoking film that offers a unique look at Aboriginal culture and
Where to Watch “The Last Wave”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Last Wave”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Last Wave” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Last Wave” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Last Wave