- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Intoxicating. Infuriating. Impossible. Love.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2009-09-04
- Runtime: 112.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Egoli Tossell Film, Zephyr Films
Cast & Crew
Helen Mirren, Christopher Plummer, James McAvoy, Anne, Marie Duff, Paul Giamatti, John Sessions, Patrick Kennedy, Kerry Condon, David Masterson, Tomas Spencer
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Last Station”
The Last Station is a 2009 period drama film written and directed by Michael Hoffman. The film stars Christopher Plummer as the famous Russian author Leo Tolstoy and Helen Mirren as his wife Sofya Tolstaya.
The film takes place in 1910, the last year of Leo Tolstoy’s life. After a long and successful writing career, Tolstoy has become a spiritual guru and is now a vocal advocate of pacifism and socialism. His teachings have caused a rift between him and his wife Sofya, who is desperate to protect her family’s legacy.
When Tolstoy’s disciple, Vladimir Chertkov, arranges for Tolstoy to be taken to a remote railway station in the countryside, Sofya realizes that this is her last chance to win her husband back. She follows him to the station and attempts to persuade him to return home with her. Meanwhile, the station’s staff, led by the stationmaster, are surprised to find themselves in the middle of a dramatic battle between the two sides of the Tolstoy family.
As the tensions between the two sides escalate, the stationmaster finds himself caught in the middle. He must decide which side to support, and in doing so, risks becoming an enemy of both.
The film culminates in a dramatic and emotional climax as Tolstoy’s fate is decided. The Last Station is a powerful and moving drama about the struggle between love and ambition, and the power
Where to Watch “The Last Station”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Last Station”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Last Station” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Last Station” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Last Station