- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: From 9000 locations… down to just one.
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2020-12-15
- Runtime: 86.0 min
- Budget: $0.1 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: PopMotion Pictures, September Club
Cast & Crew
Sandi Harding, Lauren Lapkus, Kevin Smith, Samm Levine, Ione Skye, Adam Brody, Brian Posehn, Paul Scheer, Doug Benson, Lloyd Kaufman, Jamie Kennedy, James Arnold Taylor, Ron Funches, Eric Close, Tom Casey, Jared Rasic, Darren Hayes, Kate Hagen, Greg Camp
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Last Blockbuster”
The Last Blockbuster is a 2020 comedy-drama film about the last remaining Blockbuster Video store in the United States. The movie follows the lives of the store’s employees and customers as they attempt to keep the store open in the face of competition from streaming services.
The movie opens with the employees of the last Blockbuster store in Bend, Oregon, preparing for the store’s grand reopening. The store is managed by Sandi, a quirky and passionate Blockbuster enthusiast, and her team of misfits who are determined to make the store a success despite the odds.
As the store reopens, the employees must contend with the changing landscape of video rental. They must compete with streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu, as well as other video rental stores. Despite the competition, the store’s loyal customers keep coming back, and the employees must find ways to stay competitive.
The movie follows the employees and customers of the store as they face the challenges of keeping the store open in a world that is quickly moving away from physical media. Through their struggles, the employees and customers form a bond and become a family.
The movie culminates in a final showdown between the store and its competitors. The store’s loyal customers rally to its defense, and the employees must come together to make a stand against the streaming giants. In the end, the store is able to remain open and the employees and customers
Where to Watch “The Last Blockbuster”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Last Blockbuster”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Last Blockbuster” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Last Blockbuster” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Last Blockbuster