- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Thriller, Crime, Drama
- Release Date: 1976-02-15
- Runtime: 135.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Faces Distribution
Cast & Crew
Ben Gazzara, Timothy Carey, Seymour Cassel, Robert Phillips, Morgan Woodward, Al Ruban, Azizi Johari, Haji, Alice Friedland, Derna Wylde, Virginia Carrington, Carolyn Warren, John Kullers, Donna Gordon, Meade Roberts, Kathalina Veniero, Yvette Morris, Jack Ackerman, David Rowlands, Trisha Pelham, Eddie Shaw, Sonny Aprile, Gene Darcy, Ben Marino, Arlene Allison, Vincent Barbi, Val Avery, Elizabeth Deering, Soto Joe Hugh, Catherine Wong, John P. Finnegan, Miles Ciletti, Mike Skloot, Frank Buchanan, Jason Kincaid, Frank Thomas, Jack Krupnick, James Lew
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Killing of a Chinese Bookie”
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie is a 1976 American neo-noir crime drama film directed by John Cassavetes and starring Ben Gazzara.
The film follows Cosmo Vitelli (Gazzara), the owner of a small Los Angeles burlesque theater. After a night of gambling, Cosmo is left with a debt of $23,000. To pay off the debt, he is forced to accept a job from a local mobster, Carmine (Seymour Cassel). He is tasked with the killing of a Chinese bookie, but soon finds himself in over his head.
The film follows Cosmo as he navigates the criminal underworld, struggling to stay afloat and keep his theater running. He is forced to make difficult decisions, all while trying to keep himself alive. Along the way, he meets a variety of colorful characters, including a mysterious woman (Meade Roberts) and a young girl (Azizi Johari) who become important to him.
The film culminates in a thrilling climax as Cosmo must confront his debtors and face his own mortality. The Killing of a Chinese Bookie is a gripping story of one man’s journey into the dark side of the criminal underworld. With its intense and suspenseful atmosphere, it is a must-see for any fan of crime films.
Where to Watch “The Killing of a Chinese Bookie”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Killing of a Chinese Bookie”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Killing of a Chinese Bookie” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Killing of a Chinese Bookie” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Killing of a Chinese Bookie