- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: This movie is totally out of control!
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 1977-08-10
- Runtime: 83.0 min
- Budget: $0.6 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Kentucky Fried Theatre, United Film Distribution Company (UFDC)-KFM Films
Cast & Crew
Evan C. Kim, Bong Soo Han, Marilyn Joi, Saul Kahan, Marcy Goldman, Bill Bixby, John Landis, Dulcie Jordan, Gracia Lee, Sheila Rogers, George Lazenby, Victoria Carroll, Donald Sutherland, Henry Gibson, Rick Baker, Felix Silla, Tony Dow, Boni Enten, Michael McManus, Dick Yarmy, David Zucker, Tara Strohmeier, Peggy Doyle, Branscombe Richmond, Lenka Novak, Nancy Mann, Betsy Genson, Uschi Digard, Jeff Maxwell, George Cheung, Phillip Rhee, David Zucker, Jim Abrahams, Jerry Zucker, Stephen Stucker, Richard Gates, William Tregoe, Jack Baker, Sharon Kaough, Manny Perry, Shadoe Stevens, Agneta Eckemyr, Derek Murcott, Colin Male
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Kentucky Fried Movie”
The Kentucky Fried Movie is a 1977 American anthology comedy film directed by John Landis and starring Evan C. Kim, Bill Bixby, and George Lazenby. The film consists of a series of short skits, parodies of television commercials, and a mock movie trailer.
The film opens with a fake trailer for a martial arts movie called “A Fistful of Yen”, starring George Lazenby as a kung fu master. This sets the tone for the rest of the film, which is filled with absurdist, off-the-wall humor.
The skits include a parody of a public service announcement about the dangers of hitchhiking, a spoof of a TV news broadcast, a sketch in which a group of nuns attempt to sing a hymn but are interrupted by a man who insists they should be singing a different song, and a segment in which a man is interviewed by a psychiatrist about his obsession with a particular type of food.
Other skits include a parody of a TV commercial for a product called “The Incredible, Edible Egg,” a sketch in which a man is chased by a giant chicken, a spoof of a TV game show called “The Laff-O-Matic,” and a segment in which two men try to outwit a computer in a game of chess.
The film also features a number of cameos from famous actors and comedians, including Henry Gibson, Donald Sutherland, and John Bel
Where to Watch “The Kentucky Fried Movie”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Kentucky Fried Movie”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Kentucky Fried Movie” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Kentucky Fried Movie” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Kentucky Fried Movie