- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz
- Genres: Documentary, Crime
- Release Date: 2014-06-27
- Runtime: 105.0
- Revenue: $0.0 million
- Production Companies: Participant, FilmBuff, Luminant Media, Unjustus Films
Cast & Crew
Aaron Swartz, Tim Berners, Lee, Cory Doctorow, Peter Eckersley, Lawrence Lessig, Brewster Kahle
The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz is a 2014 documentary film directed by Brian Knappenberger. The film tells the story of Aaron Swartz, a computer programmer, writer, and Internet activist who committed suicide in 2013. Swartz was a pioneer in the development of the Internet, and was a major advocate for open access to information. He was also a prominent figure in the fight against SOPA/PIPA, two controversial bills that sought to restrict access to the Internet.
The film chronicles Swartz’s life, from his early days as a computer prodigy to his later activism. It explores his involvement with Reddit, Creative Commons, and Demand Progress, as well as his arrest and prosecution for downloading millions of academic articles from JSTOR. The film also examines the controversial Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), which was used to prosecute Swartz, and how it has been used to target other Internet activists.
The film features interviews with Swartz’s family, friends, and colleagues, as well as archival footage and photos. Through these interviews, the film paints a portrait of a brilliant, passionate, and courageous young man who fought for a free and open Internet.
How & Where to Watch “The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz”
Wondering where to watch The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz