- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: How far would you go to escape the past?
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2003-10-29
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: $30.0 million
- Revenue: $24.9 million
- Production Companies: Cinepsilon, Miramax, Lakeshore Entertainment, Cinerenta Medienbeteiligungs KG, Stone Village Pictures
Cast & Crew
Anthony Hopkins, Nicole Kidman, Ed Harris, Gary Sinise, Wentworth Miller, Jacinda Barrett, Harry Lennix, Clark Gregg, Anna Deavere Smith, Lizan Mitchell, Phyllis Newman, Margo Martindale, Kerry Washington, Ron Canada, Mili Avital, Danny Blanco Hall, Marie Michel, Anne Dudek, Mimi Kuzyk, John Finn, Jeff Perry, Rick Snyder, Danny Stone, Vito DeFilippo, Robert Higden, Vlasta Vrana, Richard Mawe, Tom Rack, Bill Rowat, Richard Russo, Stella Arroyave, Jude Beny, John Cenatiempo, Lydia Zadel, Jimmy Chan, Russell Yuen, Kate Whitney, Jessica Schulte, Philip Pretten, Luc Morissette
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Human Stain”
The Human Stain is a 2003 drama film directed by Robert Benton, based on the novel of the same name by Philip Roth. The film stars Anthony Hopkins, Nicole Kidman, Ed Harris, and Gary Sinise.
The story follows Coleman Silk (Hopkins), a professor of classics at a small New England college. He is a highly respected and admired professor who is living a seemingly perfect life with his wife, Iris (Kidman), and their two children. However, his life takes an unexpected turn when he makes a comment that is perceived as racist. He is immediately fired from his job and ostracized from the community.
Coleman is forced to confront his past and his hidden identity. He discovers that he is actually an African-American man who was born to a Jewish father and a black mother. He had been passing as white his entire life, and the controversy surrounding his comment has forced him to confront the truth.
Coleman embarks on a journey of self-discovery, and along the way he meets Faunia Farley (Kidman), a woman with a troubled past of her own. Despite their differences, the two form a deep connection and find solace in each other.
As the story progresses, Coleman must come to terms with his past and his identity, and ultimately find a way to move forward. He must decide if he will continue to live his life as a white man, or if he will embrace
Where to Watch “The Human Stain”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Human Stain”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Human Stain” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Human Stain” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Human Stain