- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When he talks, women listen.
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 2002-08-21
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, StudioCanal
Cast & Crew
Jimi Mistry, Heather Graham, Marisa Tomei, Michael McKean, Dash Mihok, Emil Marwa, Christine Baranski, Ronald Guttman, Bobby Cannavale, Jason Harris, Colleen Hawks, Rahim Omar
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Guru”
The Guru is a romantic comedy released in 2002, starring Jimi Mistry and Heather Graham. The movie follows Ramu Gupta (Mistry), a sweet and sincere Indian man who lives in New York City with his parents, and is desperate to make a name for himself.
Ramu is an aspiring actor, but despite his best efforts, he can’t seem to land any acting roles. Desperate for money, he takes a job as a dance instructor, teaching Indian dance to wealthy Americans. He quickly becomes a hit with the ladies and is soon a star on the dance floor.
But when the ladies find out that Ramu is actually an Indian, they become intrigued and decide to make him their new spiritual guru. They dub him “Guru Ramu” and shower him with gifts and money. Ramu is initially hesitant to accept their offer, but eventually gives in and starts to enjoy the perks of his newfound fame.
Things take a turn for the worse when Ramu falls in love with one of his students, the beautiful Sharonna (Graham). She is engaged to another man and Ramu must choose between his newfound fame and his true love.
The Guru is a lighthearted and funny film about love, fame, and the pursuit of happiness. It’s a story of how one man learns to accept himself and finds his true place in the world.
Where to Watch “The Guru”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Guru”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Guru” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Guru” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Guru