- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Tonight, while the world is asleep… an ancient evil is about to awaken.
- Genres: Drama, Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 1990-04-27
- Runtime: 92.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $17.0 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures
Cast & Crew
Jenny Seagrove, Dwier Brown, Carey Lowell, Brad Hall, Miguel Ferrer, Natalija Nogulich, Pamela Brull, Jack David Walker, Theresa Randle, Xander Berkeley
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Guardian”
The Guardian is a 1990 American psychological thriller directed by William Friedkin and starring Jenny Seagrove, Dwier Brown, and Carey Lowell.
The movie follows a young couple, Karen (Seagrove) and Pete (Brown), who move into an old house in the countryside. They soon discover that the house is haunted by the spirit of a former tenant, an elderly woman named Mrs. Giddings (Lowell). Mrs. Giddings was a former guardian of the house and is determined to protect it from the couple and their plans to renovate it.
Karen and Pete soon find themselves being tormented by Mrs. Giddings, as she uses her supernatural powers to manipulate their lives. She starts to haunt them in their dreams and appears to them in visions. She also begins to manipulate the objects in the house, moving furniture around and making it difficult for them to renovate.
Karen and Pete soon realize that the only way to get rid of Mrs. Giddings is to uncover the secrets of the house and find out why she is so determined to protect it. With the help of a local historian, they discover that the house was once owned by a powerful family with dark secrets. As they investigate further, they uncover a shocking truth that will change their lives forever.
The Guardian is a thrilling and suspenseful movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The movie is a perfect blend of
Where to Watch “The Guardian”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Guardian”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Guardian” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Guardian” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Guardian