- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He was on his way to the Dean’s List, but he wound up on the hit list.
- Genres: Comedy, Crime
- Release Date: 1990-07-20
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: TriStar Pictures
Cast & Crew
Marlon Brando, Matthew Broderick, Bruno Kirby, Penelope Ann Miller, Frank Whaley, Jon Polito, Kenneth Welsh, Richard Gant, Jefferson Mappin, Maximilian Schell, Paul Benedict, BD Wong, Leonardo Cimino, David Stratton, Gianni Russo
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Freshman”
The Freshman is a 1990 American crime comedy film directed by Andrew Bergman and starring Marlon Brando, Matthew Broderick, Bruno Kirby, and Penelope Ann Miller.
The movie follows the story of Clark Kellogg (Matthew Broderick), a college freshman from New York City who decides to take a break from his studies and pursue his dream of becoming a filmmaker. He heads to the Big Apple to find work in the film industry, but instead finds himself caught up in a world of organized crime.
When Clark meets Carmine Sabatini (Marlon Brando), a mob boss, he is hired as a go-between for the mob and the film industry. Clark soon finds himself in a dangerous situation as he is forced to help smuggle endangered species from South America to the United States.
While trying to complete his mission, Clark finds himself in a battle between the mob and the police. He is also pursued by an FBI agent, Victor Ray (Bruno Kirby), who is determined to bring down the mob.
With the help of his girlfriend, Sandy (Penelope Ann Miller), Clark must find a way to save himself and the endangered species from the mob and the authorities. The Freshman is a thrilling and humorous adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Where to Watch “The Freshman”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Freshman”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Freshman” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Freshman” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Freshman