- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Don’t get mad. Get everything.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 1996-09-20
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: $26.0 million
- Revenue: $116.4 million
- Production Companies: Scott Rudin Productions
Cast & Crew
Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, Maggie Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dan Hedaya, Stockard Channing, Victor Garber, Stephen Collins, Elizabeth Berkley, Marcia Gay Harden, Bronson Pinchot, Jennifer Dundas, Eileen Heckart, Philip Bosco, Rob Reiner, James Naughton, Ari Greenberg, Ivana Trump, Kathie Lee Gifford, Gloria Steinem, Lea DeLaria, Debra Monk, Kate Burton, Timothy Olyphant, J.K. Simmons, Michele Brilliant, Dina Spybey, Waters, Adria Tennor, Juliehera DeStefano, J. Smith, Cameron, Heather Locklear
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The First Wives Club”
The First Wives Club is a 1996 American comedy film directed by Hugh Wilson and starring Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton.
The story follows three college friends, Elise (Midler), Brenda (Hawn), and Annie (Keaton) who reunite after the death of their close friend, Cynthia. Cynthia’s death serves as a wake-up call for the trio, who realize that they have all been taken advantage of by their husbands and that they need to take back control of their lives.
The three women decide to form a “first wives club” and take revenge on their ex-husbands, who have all moved on to younger and more attractive women. They hatch a plan to ruin their exes’ lives and get back the money they deserve.
The women enlist the help of an investigative journalist, Bill (Dan Hedaya), who helps them uncover the truth about their ex-husbands and the women they’ve moved on to. Along the way, the women also learn to rely on each other and become closer than ever before.
The story culminates in a hilarious and heartwarming climax as the women are finally able to get the justice they deserve and reclaim their lives. With the help of their newfound strength and friendship, the three women are able to move on with their lives and find happiness.
Where to Watch “The First Wives Club”
If you are wondering where to watch “The First Wives Club”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The First Wives Club” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The First Wives Club” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The First Wives Club