- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Never have so few taken so much from so many.
- Genres: Thriller, Adventure, Drama, Crime
- Release Date: 1978-12-14
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: United Artists, Starling Films
Cast & Crew
Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, Lesley, Anne Down, Alan Webb, Malcolm Terris, Robert Lang, Wayne Sleep, Michael Elphick, Gabrielle Lloyd, Pamela Salem, George Downing, James Cossins, John Bett, Peter Benson, Janine Duvitski, Brian de Salvo, André Morell, Donald Churchill, Brian Glover, Noel Johnson, Peter Butterworth, Patrick Barr, Hubert Rees, Agnes Bernelle, Joe Cahill, Cecil Nash, Susan Hallinan, Oliver Smith, John Altman, Paul Kember, Geoff Ferris, Jenny Till, Craig Stokes, Frank McDonald
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The First Great Train Robbery”
The First Great Train Robbery is a 1978 British crime film directed by Michael Crichton and starring Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, and Lesley-Anne Down.
The film follows Edward Pierce (Connery), a professional thief who is hired by a group of criminals to steal a shipment of gold from a train. With the help of his partner, Agar (Sutherland), and the assistance of a young pickpocket (Down), Pierce plans and executes the robbery.
The film follows the group as they plan and carry out the robbery, overcoming a number of obstacles along the way. They must contend with a suspicious guard, a rival gang, and a dangerous tunnel. The tension mounts as the group races against the clock to pull off the heist before the train reaches its destination.
The film culminates in an action-packed finale as the group attempts to evade capture and make their escape with the stolen gold. With their lives and freedom on the line, the group must rely on their wits and skills to make it out alive.
The First Great Train Robbery is a thrilling crime caper that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. It is a thrilling and suspenseful ride that will keep viewers guessing until the very end.
Where to Watch “The First Great Train Robbery”
If you are wondering where to watch “The First Great Train Robbery”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The First Great Train Robbery” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The First Great Train Robbery” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The First Great Train Robbery