- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Fall of the Roman Empire
- Genres: Drama, History, War
- Release Date: 1964-03-24
- Runtime: 188.0
- Budget: $19.0 million
- Revenue: $4.8 million
- Production Companies: Samuel Bronston Productions, Paramount
Cast & Crew
Sophia Loren, Stephen Boyd, Christopher Plummer, Alec Guinness, James Mason, Anthony Quayle, John Ireland, Omar Sharif, Mel Ferrer, Eric Porter, Finlay Currie, Andrew Keir, Douglas Wilmer, George Murcell, Norman Wooland, Michael Gwynn, Virgilio Teixeira, Peter Damon, Lena von Martens, Roland Carey, Margaret Fuller, Gabriella Licudi, Jeffrey O’Kelly, Guy Rolfe, Friedrich von Ledebur, José Terrón, Patricia Wright, Rafael Luis Calvo
The Fall of the Roman Empire is a 1964 sword-and-sandal epic film directed by Anthony Mann. The film stars an all-star cast, including Sophia Loren, Stephen Boyd, Alec Guinness, James Mason, Christopher Plummer, Omar Sharif, and Anthony Quayle.
The film is set in 180 AD, during the reign of Marcus Aurelius, the last of the “Five Good Emperors” of Rome. The story follows the intrigues of the Roman court and the powerful Roman Empire, which is beginning to decline. The film focuses on the conflict between Aurelius’s adopted son, Livius, and the scheming Commodus, who is determined to usurp the throne.
The plot follows the struggle between Livius and Commodus, as they battle for control of the Roman Empire. Livius is a heroic figure, determined to save the Empire from the corruption and decadence that have begun to overtake it. He is aided by a loyal friend, Timonides, and the beautiful Lucilla, Commodus’ sister. On the other side of the conflict is Commodus, a ruthless and ambitious man who will stop at nothing to gain power.
The film is a sweeping
How & Where to Watch “The Fall of the Roman Empire”
Wondering where to watch The Fall of the Roman Empire?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Fall of the Roman Empire.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Fall of the Roman Empire” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Fall of the Roman Empire” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Fall of the Roman Empire