- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The most amazing saga in the fighting annals of the US Navy!
- Genres: War
- Release Date: 1957-12-25
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
Robert Mitchum, Curd Jürgens, David Hedison, Theodore Bikel, Russell Collins, Kurt Kreuger, Frank Albertson, Biff Elliot, Michael McHale, Clint Eastwood
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Enemy Below”
The Enemy Below is a 1957 American war film directed by Dick Powell and starring Robert Mitchum and Curt Jürgens. The film is set during the Battle of the Atlantic in World War II.
The film begins with the crew of an American destroyer, commanded by Commander Murrell (Robert Mitchum), on patrol in the North Atlantic. They spot an enemy submarine and Murrell orders his crew to pursue it. After a long pursuit, they manage to force the submarine to surface and Murrell orders his crew to board it.
The crew of the submarine, commanded by Captain von Stolberg (Curt Jürgens), is taken prisoner and Murrell orders his crew to take the submarine back to the United States. On the journey, the two captains engage in a battle of wits as they try to outsmart each other.
Meanwhile, the crew of the destroyer and the crew of the submarine begin to form a bond of friendship and understanding. As the voyage continues, Murrell and von Stolberg come to respect each other’s courage and skill.
Eventually, the two captains come to an agreement that they will fight their battle in a different way. Murrell and von Stolberg agree to a duel at sea, with the winner being the one who can sink the other’s ship.
The two captains battle each other in a fierce sea battle, with both sides sustaining heavy losses. In the end, Murrell is
Where to Watch “The Enemy Below”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Enemy Below”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Enemy Below” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Enemy Below” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Enemy Below