- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The end was just the beginning.
- Genres: Romance, Drama
- Release Date: 1999-12-03
- Runtime: 102.0 min
- Budget: $23.0 million
- Revenue: $10.8 million
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Ralph Fiennes, Julianne Moore, Stephen Rea, James Bolam, Ian Hart, Jason Isaacs, Deborah Findlay, Sam Bould, Cyril Shaps, Simon Turner, Heather, Jay Jones, Nicholas Hewetson, Jack McKenzie
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The End of the Affair”
The End of the Affair is a 1999 romantic drama film directed by Neil Jordan and starring Ralph Fiennes, Julianne Moore, and Stephen Rea.
The film follows the story of Maurice Bendrix, a novelist in London in the 1940s, and Sarah Miles, the wife of a civil servant. The two begin an affair, but eventually Sarah ends it, leaving Maurice heartbroken and bewildered.
Maurice begins to investigate Sarah and discovers that she had a religious conversion during their affair and is now deeply devoted to God. He soon learns that her husband, Henry, is also a religious man, and that Sarah had ended the affair to stay faithful to her husband.
Maurice is consumed with jealousy and becomes obsessed with understanding why Sarah chose to end the affair. He begins to search for answers, and soon discovers that Sarah is being blackmailed by an old lover, Parkis.
Parkis is threatening to expose Sarah’s affair to her husband if she does not pay him money. Maurice decides to confront Parkis and try to get him to stop blackmailing Sarah.
Meanwhile, Henry has discovered that his wife is having an affair and is determined to find out who it is. He begins to investigate, and soon discovers that Maurice is Sarah’s lover.
Maurice and Sarah’s paths cross again, and they find themselves in a difficult situation. Maurice is determined to protect Sarah and her marriage, but Sarah is
Where to Watch “The End of the Affair”
If you are wondering where to watch “The End of the Affair”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The End of the Affair” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The End of the Affair” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The End of the Affair