- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Is anything worth the terror of… The Deep.
- Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Adventure
- Release Date: 1977-06-17
- Runtime: 123.0 min
- Budget: $9.0 million
- Revenue: $100.0 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, EMI Films, Casablanca Filmworks
Cast & Crew
Robert Shaw, Jacqueline Bisset, Nick Nolte, Louis Gossett Jr.-Eli Wallach, Robert Tessier, Dick Anthony Williams, Bob Minor, Earl Maynard, Teddy Tucker
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Deep”
The Deep is a 1977 American adventure drama film based on Peter Benchley’s novel of the same name. It stars Robert Shaw, Jacqueline Bisset, Nick Nolte, Louis Gossett Jr., and Eli Wallach.
The film follows David Sanders (Nick Nolte) and Gail Berke (Jacqueline Bisset), two American tourists on vacation in Bermuda. While snorkeling, they discover a sunken shipwreck in the ocean. Upon further investigation, they uncover a cache of drugs and a fortune in valuable coins.
Meanwhile, a group of criminals led by the ruthless Cloche (Robert Shaw) and his right-hand man Romer (Louis Gossett Jr.) are searching for the sunken ship. They enlist the help of a local fisherman (Eli Wallach) to help them find the wreck and recover the drugs and coins.
David and Gail soon realize they are in over their heads and enlist the help of a professional diver, Romer’s son, to help them. With his help, they manage to recover the drugs and coins from the wreck.
However, Cloche and his gang are hot on their heels and soon catch up to them. A high-stakes underwater battle ensues as David and Gail attempt to outsmart Cloche and his gang. In the end, David and Gail manage to escape and the criminals are arrested.
Where to Watch “The Deep”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Deep”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Deep” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Deep” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Deep