- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2011-09-11
- Runtime: 98.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.1 million
- Production Companies: UK Film Council, Film4 Productions, Camberwell / Fly Films
Cast & Crew
Rachel Weisz, Tom Hiddleston, Simon Russell Beale, Harry Hadden, Paton, Jolyon Coy, Karl Johnson, Ann Mitchell, Nicholas Amer, Sarah Kants, Oliver Ford Davies, Barbara Jefford, Mark Tandy, Stuart McLoughlin
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Deep Blue Sea”
The Deep Blue Sea is a 2011 British romantic drama directed by Terence Davies and starring Rachel Weisz, Tom Hiddleston, and Simon Russell Beale. The film follows the story of Hester Collyer (Weisz), a woman in her late thirties who is struggling to find meaning in her life.
The film opens with Hester in a psychiatric hospital, where she is being treated for depression. We learn that Hester has left her husband, a High Court judge, and has taken up with a former Royal Air Force pilot, Freddie Page (Hiddleston). Hester and Freddie are deeply in love but, despite this, Hester is still troubled and is unable to find the peace and contentment she seeks.
The film then follows Hester as she struggles to make sense of her life and her relationship with Freddie. We see her attempting to reconcile her feelings of love and passion with her fear of commitment and her guilt over leaving her husband. As her mental state deteriorates, Hester’s life becomes increasingly chaotic and her relationships with those around her become strained.
The film culminates in a dramatic climax in which Hester is forced to confront the truth of her situation. In a moment of clarity, she is finally able to accept her past, forgive herself, and move forward.
The Deep Blue Sea is a powerful and moving story of love, loss, and redemption. It is a film that
Where to Watch “The Deep Blue Sea”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Deep Blue Sea”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Deep Blue Sea” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Deep Blue Sea” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Deep Blue Sea