- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Beware the triffids… they grow… know… walk… talk… stalk… and kill!
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller
- Release Date: 1962-07-05
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $0.8 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Allied Artists Pictures, Security Pictures Ltd.
Cast & Crew
Howard Keel, Nicole Maurey, Janette Scott, Kieron Moore, Mervyn Johns, Ewan Roberts, Alison Leggatt, Geoffrey Matthews, Janina Faye, Gilgi Hauser, John Tate, Carole Ann Ford, Arthur Gross, Victor Brooks, Colette Wilde, Ian Wilson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Day of the Triffids”
The Day of the Triffids is a 1962 British science fiction film based on the novel of the same name by John Wyndham. The movie tells the story of Bill Masen, a young man who wakes up in a hospital after being blinded by a meteor shower. He soon discovers that the meteors have unleashed a species of carnivorous plants, the Triffids, that can walk and attack humans. As Bill struggles to survive in a world now overrun by the Triffids, he meets Josella, a woman who is also trying to survive the chaos. Together they must find a way to survive the Triffids and the other dangers of the post-apocalyptic world.
The movie follows Bill and Josella as they travel across the country, encountering other survivors and trying to find a safe haven from the Triffids. Along the way, they come across a group of people who are trying to build a society based on science and technology in order to survive the Triffids. However, the Triffids are becoming an increasingly bigger threat and Bill and Josella must find a way to stop them before it’s too late.
The Day of the Triffids is a thrilling post-apocalyptic adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With its exciting action sequences and suspenseful plot, this movie will keep you entertained until the very end.
Where to Watch “The Day of the Triffids”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Day of the Triffids”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Day of the Triffids” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Day of the Triffids” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Day of the Triffids