- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: There are very good reasons to be afraid of the dark.
- Genres: Mystery, Horror
- Release Date: 1993-04-23
- Runtime: 122.0 min
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $10.6 million
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures, George A. Romero Productions
Cast & Crew
Timothy Hutton, Amy Madigan, Michael Rooker, Julie Harris, Robert Joy, Kent Broadhurst, Beth Grant, Rutanya Alda, Tom Mardirosian, Larry John Meyers, Patrick Brannan, Royal Dano, Glenn Colerider, Chelsea Field, Christine Forrest, Jeff Monahan, Jeff Howell, Rik Billock, David Early, Sarah Parker, Elizabeth Parker, William Cameron, Rohn Thomas, Molly Renfroe, Judy Grafe, Donna Lynne Champlin, George A. Romero
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Dark Half”
The Dark Half is a 1993 horror-thriller directed by George A. Romero. It tells the story of Thad Beaumont (Timothy Hutton), a successful writer who has been leading a double life for years. Thad has been writing crime novels under the pseudonym of George Stark, a character created from the dark side of his psyche.
When Thad decides to publicly reveal his secret identity, Stark is unleashed and begins to terrorize Thad and his family. Stark is a murderous, vengeful force that takes on a physical form and begins to stalk and kill those who have wronged Thad in the past.
As Thad desperately attempts to stop Stark, he discovers that the only way to stop the carnage is to confront his own dark side. Thad must come to terms with his own inner demons in order to save himself and his family.
The Dark Half is a thrilling exploration of the dark side of human nature and the power of the imagination. It is a film that will keep you on the edge of your seat as you watch Thad’s desperate attempts to stop the force of evil that he has unleashed.
Where to Watch “The Dark Half”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Dark Half”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Dark Half” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Dark Half” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Dark Half