- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Danish Girl
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2015-11-27
- Runtime: 119.0
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $64.2 million
- Production Companies: Pretty Pictures, Working Title Films, Artémis Productions, Shelter Productions, Senator Global Productions, ReVision Pictures
Cast & Crew
Eddie Redmayne, Alicia Vikander, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ben Whishaw, Sebastian Koch, Pip Torrens, Nicholas Woodeson, Amber Heard, Emerald Fennell, Adrian Schiller, Henry Pettigrew, Sophie Kennedy Clark, Miltos Yerolemou, Jake Graf, Tusse Silberg, Claus Bue, Peter Krag, Angela Curran, Pixie, Richard Dixon, Paul Bigley, Nancy Crane, Nicola Sloane, Sonya Cullingford, Clare Fettarappa, Victoria Emslie, Raphael Acloque, Alexander Devrient, Cosima Shaw, Rebecca Root, Issy van Randwyck, Aisha Fabienne Ross, Holly Weston, Eleanor Hafner, Maya Lindh, Rebecca Clay, Erich Redman, Philip Arditti, Johanna Smitz
The Danish Girl is a 2015 biographical romantic drama film directed by Tom Hooper and written by Lucinda Coxon, based on the 2000 novel of the same name by David Ebershoff. It stars Eddie Redmayne as Lili Elbe, one of the first known recipients of sex reassignment surgery, and Alicia Vikander as Gerda Wegener, his wife and partner in the transition.
Set in 1920s Copenhagen, the film follows Lili and Gerda’s marriage and Lili’s journey of self-discovery as she transitions from male to female. Lili’s transformation begins when Gerda asks her to pose for a painting of a woman wearing stockings, and Lili discovers her true identity as a woman. As Lili begins to live publicly as a woman, her relationship with Gerda is tested, and the two must decide if their love is strong enough to survive the transformation.
The film is a powerful exploration of identity and the courage it takes to be true to oneself. Redmayne and Vikander give powerful performances, and Hooper’s direction is sensitive and nuanced. The Danish Girl is a beautiful and moving film about the power of love and the strength of the human spirit.
How & Where to Watch “The Danish Girl”
Wondering where to watch The Danish Girl?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Danish Girl.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Danish Girl” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Danish Girl” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Danish Girl