- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Crying Game
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1992-09-02
- Runtime: 112.0
- Budget: $3.7 million
- Revenue: $62.5 million
- Production Companies: Channel Four Films, Palace Pictures, Nippon Film Development and Finance Inc.-Eurotrustees, British Screen Productions
Cast & Crew
Stephen Rea, Miranda Richardson, Jaye Davidson, Forest Whitaker, Adrian Dunbar, Breffni McKenna, Joe Savino, Birdy Sweeney, Andrée Bernard, Jim Broadbent, Ralph Brown, Tony Slattery, Jack Carr, Josephine White, Shar Campbell, Bryan Coleman, Ray De, Haan, David Crionelly, Charles Mandracchia
The Crying Game is a 1992 British-Irish psychological thriller film written and directed by Neil Jordan. Starring Stephen Rea, Miranda Richardson, and Forest Whitaker, the film tells the story of a British soldier who is kidnapped by the IRA and the relationship he develops with his captor.
The film begins with Fergus (Stephen Rea), a British soldier, being taken captive by members of the IRA. As he is interrogated, he forms a bond with his captor, Jody (Forest Whitaker). While being held captive, Fergus discovers that Jody is a transgender woman.
When Fergus is eventually released, he begins to search for Jody, who has disappeared. He eventually finds her working in a London hair salon. He also meets Dil (Miranda Richardson), a hairdresser and Jody’s best friend. Fergus and Dil begin a romantic relationship, and Fergus discovers that Jody is in love with him.
The story takes a dark turn when Jody’s former lover, Jude (Jaye Davidson), reappears and threatens to reveal Jody’s secret. Fergus is forced to make a difficult decision: will he continue his relationship with Dil or will
How & Where to Watch “The Crying Game”
Wondering where to watch The Crying Game?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Crying Game.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Crying Game” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Crying Game” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Crying Game