- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Based on the true story of Moe Berg
- Genres: Drama, War, Thriller
- Release Date: 2018-06-22
- Runtime: 94.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Animus Films, PalmStar Media, Serena Films
Cast & Crew
Paul Rudd, Mark Strong, Sienna Miller, Connie Nielsen, Shea Whigham, Hiroyuki Sanada, Tom Wilkinson, William Hope, Giancarlo Giannini, Pierfrancesco Favino, Anna Geislerová, Agnese Nano, Brian Caspe, Demetri Goritsas, Roy McCrerey, Susan Garibotto, Joseph Oliveira, Ted Otis, Philip Lenkowsky, Bobby Schofield, John Schwab, Jordan Long, Jimmy LeBlanc, Kristen Anne Ferraro, James McVan, Gabriel Andrews, Cristiano Donati, Rob Lévesque, Dušan Kiš, Tim Hackney, Marco Velutti, Roman Vangeli, Karoline Patrick, Jeff Fritz, Martin Janouš, Marc Cram, Hélène Cardona, Matt Lindquist, Scott Lipman, Thomas Brogan, Benjamin Crocker, Joe Oliveira, Timur Sibatov, Scott Sederquist, Dean Littlefield, Paul Giamatti, Guy Pearce, Jeff Daniels
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Catcher Was a Spy”
The Catcher Was a Spy is a biographical drama released in 2018. The film follows the extraordinary life of Moe Berg, an enigmatic Major League Baseball player who became a spy for the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) during World War II.
The story begins in the 1930s, when Berg is a professional baseball player playing for the Chicago White Sox. He is an intelligent and well-educated man, but he is also a loner who keeps his private life a secret. When Berg is recruited by the OSS, he is tasked with a dangerous mission: to travel to Switzerland and assassinate a German scientist who is working on the Nazi atomic bomb.
Berg sets off on his mission, but soon finds himself in over his head. He must rely on his wits and his knowledge of languages and cultures to survive the mission. Along the way, he meets a mysterious woman who helps him in his mission.
In the end, Berg successfully completes his mission and returns to the United States. He is hailed as a hero, but his past as a spy is kept a secret from the public. The film culminates with Berg reflecting on his life and the choices he has made.
Where to Watch “The Catcher Was a Spy”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Catcher Was a Spy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Catcher Was a Spy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Catcher Was a Spy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Catcher Was a Spy