- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A close encounter of the ‘furred’ kind!
- Genres: Comedy, Family, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1978-06-09
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Walt Disney Productions
Cast & Crew
Ken Berry, Sandy Duncan, Harry Morgan, Roddy McDowall, McLean Stevenson, Jesse White, Alan Young, Hans Conried, Ronnie Schell, James Hampton, Howard Platt, William Prince, Ralph Manza, Tom Pedi, Hank Jones, Rick Hurst, John Alderson, Tiger Joe Marsh, Arnold Soboloff, Mel Carter, Dal McKennon, Alice Backes, Henry Slate, Roger Pancake, Roger Price, Jerry Fujikawa, Jim Begg, Peter Renaday, Rickie Sorensen, Tom Jackman, Fred L. Whalen, Joseph G. Medalis, Gil Stratton, Jana Milo, Sorrell Booke, Jackson Bostwick
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Cat from Outer Space”
The Cat from Outer Space is a 1978 American fantasy comedy film directed by Norman Tokar and starring Ken Berry, Sandy Duncan, Harry Morgan, and Roddy McDowall.
The movie follows the story of Jake (Ken Berry), an astronaut who discovers a talking cat, named Zunar-J-5/9 Doric-4-7 (Roddy McDowall) from outer space. Jake soon finds out that the cat is not only intelligent, but also has the ability to understand and use human language.
The cat reveals to Jake that he is a member of an advanced alien race, who is on a mission to repair a malfunctioning communications satellite. He needs Jake’s help to complete his mission, and so Jake agrees to help him.
The two of them soon find themselves in a race against time to fix the satellite before the alien race is destroyed. Along the way, they must also battle the military and a mad scientist, who are both trying to capture the cat.
With the help of Jake’s friends, they manage to fix the satellite and save the alien race. In the end, they also discover that the cat has the power to transform objects into other things, which he uses to help Jake and his friends out of a few sticky situations.
The Cat from Outer Space is a fun and exciting adventure for the whole family. With its lighthearted humor and heartwarming story, it is sure to be a hit
Where to Watch “The Cat from Outer Space”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Cat from Outer Space”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Cat from Outer Space” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Cat from Outer Space” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Cat from Outer Space