- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Ordinary Family. Extraordinary Story.
- Genres: Drama, Comedy
- Release Date: 1997-04-10
- Runtime: 85.0 min
- Budget: $0.8 million
- Revenue: $0.9 million
- Production Companies: Working Dog, Village Roadshow Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Michael Caton, Anne Tenney, Stephen Curry, Anthony Simcoe, Sophie Lee, Wayne Hope, Tiriel Mora, Eric Bana, Charles Tingwell, Robyn Nevin, Costas Kilias, Bryan Dawe, Monty Maizels, Lynda Gibson, John Benton, Laurie Dobson, John Lee, Stephanie Daniel, John Flaus, Les Toth, Erik Donnison, Roger Neave, Anthony Evans, Robin Miller, Julie Kulpinski, Sam Gleisner, Sebastiano Liotta, Josie Noviello, Lynda Keane, Marilyn Chestnut, Julian Scarff, Marie, Therese Byrne, Clare O’Sullivan, Warwick Begg, Maria Theodorakis, John Evans, Michael Roland, Matthew Giordanella, Larry Emdur, Ian Ross, Tony Martin
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Castle”
The Castle is a 1997 Australian comedy-drama film that tells the story of a family living in a small suburban town in Melbourne, Australia. The Kerrigan family consists of Darryl Kerrigan (Michael Caton), his wife Sal (Anne Tenney), their two sons, Dale (Stephen Curry) and Steve (Anthony Simcoe), and their daughter, Tracey (Sophie Lee). The family is living a simple life in a modest house, but their peace is disrupted when the government decides to build an airport nearby.
The family is determined to fight the government and save their home. They enlist the help of a lawyer, Dennis Denuto (Tiriel Mora), who argues that the Kerrigans are living in a “castle” and that their home is a part of their identity. The case goes to court and the Kerrigans must battle the government’s lawyers.
The family’s determination and strength is tested as the court case progresses. The Kerrigans must also deal with the pressures of their everyday lives, such as Dale’s newfound interest in a girl, Tracey’s desire to go to university, and Steve’s attempt to become a professional footballer.
The court case becomes a fight for justice and family loyalty as the Kerrigans battle to save their home. In the end, the family’s strength and courage prevail and they are able to keep their home. The Castle is a heartwarming story of family, loyalty
Where to Watch “The Castle”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Castle”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Castle” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Castle” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Castle