- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Brood
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1979-05-25
- Runtime: 92.0
- Budget: $1.4 million
- Revenue: $5.0 million
- Production Companies: New World Pictures, Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC)-Victor Solnicki Productions, Elgin International Films
Cast & Crew
Oliver Reed, Samantha Eggar, Art Hindle, Henry Beckman, Nuala Fitzgerald, Cindy Hinds, Susan Hogan, Gary McKeehan, Robert A. Silverman, Nicholas Campbell, Felix Silla, Michael Magee, Joseph Shaw, Larry Solway, Reiner Schwarz, Chris Britton, Mary Swinton, John Ferguson
The Brood is a 1979 horror-thriller film written and directed by David Cronenberg. The film follows Frank Carveth (Oliver Reed), a psychologist who is trying to help his wife Nola (Samantha Eggar), who is undergoing experimental treatments from Dr. Hal Raglan (Art Hindle). The treatments are designed to help Nola release her repressed anger and rage, which is causing her to suffer from physical manifestations of her emotional pain.
However, the treatments have an unforeseen consequence: Nola’s rage is released in the form of mysterious, monstrous, child-like creatures called “the brood”. These creatures are created from Nola’s rage and attack anyone who stands in their way, including Frank and his daughter, Candice (Cindy Hinds).
The film follows Frank as he desperately tries to protect his daughter and uncover the truth behind the mysterious creatures. He soon discovers that Dr. Raglan is behind the creatures, and is using them to further his own agenda.
The Brood is a classic horror film that blends psychological horror with body horror, creating a unique and terrifying experience. The film is filled with creepy and suspenseful moments, and features an
How & Where to Watch “The Brood”
Wondering where to watch The Brood?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Brood.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Brood” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Brood” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Brood