- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Bridge on the River Kwai
- Genres: Drama, History, War
- Release Date: 1957-10-11
- Runtime: 161.0
- Budget: $3.0 million
- Revenue: $44.9 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Horizon Pictures
Cast & Crew
William Holden, Alec Guinness, Jack Hawkins, Sessue Hayakawa, James Donald, Geoffrey Horne, André Morell, Peter Williams, John Boxer, Percy Herbert, Harold Goodwin, Ann Sears, Heihachirô Ôkawa, Vilaiwan Seeboonreaung, Keiichirô Katsumoto, Ngamta Suphaphongs, Javanart Punynchoti, Kannikar Dowklee
The Bridge on the River Kwai is a 1957 British-American war film directed by David Lean and based on the novel by Pierre Boulle. Set in World War II, the film follows a group of British prisoners of war who are forced by the Japanese to construct a bridge over the River Kwai in Thailand. The prisoners, led by Colonel Nicholson (Alec Guinness), are determined to do their best to complete the bridge, despite the harsh conditions and the risk of death. As the bridge is being built, Nicholson and the Japanese commander, Saito (Sessue Hayakawa), clash over the project. Nicholson insists on building a proper bridge, while Saito wants it done quickly and without regard for safety.
Meanwhile, a British commando team led by Major Warden (Jack Hawkins) is sent to destroy the bridge before it can be used by the Japanese. When Nicholson discovers the plan, he refuses to cooperate and instead decides to complete the bridge as a symbol of British pride and defiance. In the end, the bridge is completed and the commandos are forced to set explosives to destroy it. The film culminates in an intense and dramatic climax as Nicholson and Saito stand on the bridge, watching in awe
How & Where to Watch “The Bridge on the River Kwai”
Wondering where to watch The Bridge on the River Kwai?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Bridge on the River Kwai.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Bridge on the River Kwai” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Bridge on the River Kwai” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Bridge on the River Kwai