- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: After 200 years, the truth behind the legend.
- Genres: Action, Drama, History
- Release Date: 1984-05-04
- Runtime: 132.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: $8.6 million
- Production Companies: Dino De Laurentiis Company
Cast & Crew
Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Edward Fox, Daniel Day, Lewis, Bernard Hill, Phil Davis, Liam Neeson, Wi Kuki Kaa, Tevaite Vernette, Philip Martin Brown, Simon Chandler, Malcolm Terris, Simon Adams, John Sessions, Andrew Wilde, Neil Morrissey, Richard Graham, Dexter Fletcher, Pete Lee, Wilson, Jon Gadsby, Brendan Conroy, Barry Dransfield, Steve Fletcher, Jack May, Mary Kauila, Sharon Bower, Tavana
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Bounty”
The Bounty is a 1984 British-American historical drama film directed by Roger Donaldson and starring Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, and Laurence Olivier.
The movie follows the story of Lieutenant William Bligh (Anthony Hopkins) and his crew of the HMS Bounty as they set sail from England in 1787 on a mission to bring breadfruit plants from Tahiti to the West Indies. Bligh is a strict and demanding captain who is determined to complete the voyage without incident. However, the crew soon become discontent with Bligh’s harsh discipline and the lack of food and water, and eventually mutiny under the leadership of Fletcher Christian (Mel Gibson).
The mutineers set Bligh and some of his loyal crew adrift in a small boat and sail back to Tahiti. Bligh and his men eventually make their way back to England to report the mutiny, and the British government sends out a ship to hunt down the Bounty and its mutineers.
The movie follows Bligh’s journey of survival and his eventual reuniting with his crew, as well as the pursuit of the Bounty by the Royal Navy. The film culminates in an epic sea battle between the Bounty and the Royal Navy, with Bligh and Christian facing off in a dramatic confrontation.
The Bounty is an exciting and thrilling tale of adventure and survival, with a powerful cast and gripping story.
Where to Watch “The Bounty”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Bounty”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Bounty” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Bounty” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Bounty