- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: There was no quiet on the Western Front!
- Genres: War, Action, Adventure, Drama
- Release Date: 1966-06-21
- Runtime: 156.0 min
- Budget: $5.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
George Peppard, James Mason, Ursula Andress, Jeremy Kemp, Karl Michael Vogler, Anton Diffring, Harry Townes, Peter Woodthorpe, Derek Newark, Derren Nesbitt, Loni von Friedl, Friedrich von Ledebur, Carl Schell, Roger Ostime, Hugo Schuster, Alex Scott
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Blue Max”
The Blue Max is a 1966 war drama set in World War I and is loosely based on the novel of the same name by Jack D. Hunter. It stars George Peppard as Bruno Stachel, a German fighter pilot who is determined to win the coveted Blue Max medal, the highest decoration for bravery in the German air force.
The movie follows Bruno as he joins the German air force and is sent to the Western Front. He quickly proves himself to be an excellent pilot and earns the respect of his commanding officers. He also meets and befriends a fellow pilot, Willi von Klugermann (James Mason).
At the same time, Bruno is also trying to win the affections of a young woman, Kaeti (Ursula Andress), who is engaged to his commanding officer, Oberleutnant Freiherr von Haller (Karl Michael Vogler). Despite his best efforts, Kaeti remains loyal to von Haller.
Bruno soon finds himself in a rivalry with von Haller for the Blue Max medal. As the war intensifies, Bruno and Willi become entangled in a dangerous mission to take out an enemy airfield. The mission is a success, but Bruno and Willi are both injured in the process.
In the end, Bruno is awarded the Blue Max medal and is promoted to the rank of Leutnant. He and Kaeti eventually get together, and Bruno and Willi
Where to Watch “The Blue Max”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Blue Max”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Blue Max” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Blue Max” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Blue Max