- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He’s a jew. He’s a Neo-Nazi. With one true enemy… Himself!
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2001-08-23
- Runtime: 98.0 min
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Revenue: $1.3 million
- Production Companies: Fuller Films, Seven Arts Pictures
Cast & Crew
Ryan Gosling, Summer Phoenix, Theresa Russell, Billy Zane, Garret Dillahunt, A.D. Miles, Glenn Fitzgerald, Elizabeth Reaser, Joshua Harto, Ronald Guttman, Heather Goldenhersh, Joel Marsh Garland, Kris Eivers, Dean Strober, Judah Lazarus, Tommy Nohilly, Sig Libowitz, Jacob Green, James McCaffrey, Frank Winters, Peter Meadows, Chuck Ardezzone, Lucille Patton, Michael Marcus, Roberto Gari, John Wills Martin, David Bailey, Tibor Feldman, Jordan Lage, Sascha Knopf, Henry Bean, Christopher Kadish, Ebon Moss, Bachrach, Michael Port, Jack Drummond
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Believer”
The Believer is a 2001 drama film directed by Henry Bean. It tells the story of Danny Balint, a young Jewish man who becomes an ardent Neo-Nazi.
The film begins with Danny Balint, a Jewish student at a yeshiva in Brooklyn, New York, being expelled for his radical views. He is then recruited by a Neo-Nazi group in the city and quickly rises in the ranks.
Danny is a passionate and articulate speaker and quickly becomes the face of the Neo-Nazi movement in the city. He also attracts the attention of Lina Moebius, a Jewish reporter who is investigating the group.
Danny’s personal beliefs are tested when he is asked to lead a rally in a synagogue. He is torn between his newfound identity and his Jewish roots. He is also struggling with his growing feelings for Lina.
Danny’s journey into Neo-Nazism culminates in a violent confrontation with the police. In the aftermath, Danny is arrested and put on trial for his actions. At the trial, Danny’s true identity is revealed to the court and he is sentenced to prison.
The film ends with Danny in prison, reflecting on his journey and the choices he has made. He is left with the question of whether he will continue to embrace his new identity or return to his Jewish roots.
Where to Watch “The Believer”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Believer”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Believer” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Believer” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Believer