- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Selfhood begins with a walking away, and love is proved in the letting go.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2005-02-25
- Runtime: 111.0 min
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Revenue: $0.7 million
- Production Companies: Elevation Filmworks, Initial Entertainment Group, IFC Productions, Jack and Rose Productions
Cast & Crew
Daniel Day, Lewis, Camilla Belle, Catherine Keener, Ryan McDonald, Paul Dano, Jason Lee, Jena Malone, Beau Bridges, Susanna Thompson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Ballad of Jack and Rose”
The Ballad of Jack and Rose is a 2005 drama film directed by Rebecca Miller and starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Catherine Keener.
The story is set on an isolated island off the coast of North America in the 1980s. Jack Slavin (Daniel Day-Lewis) is a widower living alone with his teenage daughter Rose (Camilla Belle). Jack is a passionate environmentalist who has chosen to live off the grid, completely disconnected from the rest of the world.
Rose is a typical teenage girl, struggling to find her place in the world and longing for a connection with her absent mother. She is also fiercely devoted to her father and protective of their isolated lifestyle.
When Jack’s old friend, Kathleen (Catherine Keener), and her two sons (Ryan McDonald and Paul Dano) show up on the island, Rose is initially hostile and suspicious. But as the two families grow closer, Rose begins to open up and finds herself falling in love with Kathleen’s son, Thaddius (Ryan McDonald).
Meanwhile, Jack’s environmentalist ideals are threatened when he discovers that a developer is planning to buy the island and build a resort. In order to protect their home, Jack and Rose must come together to fight the developer and save the island.
The Ballad of Jack and Rose is a story of family, love, and the struggle to protect the environment. It is a powerful and moving tale of a father and daughter’s
Where to Watch “The Ballad of Jack and Rose”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Ballad of Jack and Rose”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Ballad of Jack and Rose” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Ballad of Jack and Rose” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Ballad of Jack and Rose