- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Danger! Wild woman on the loose!
- Genres: Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 1937-10-20
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: $0.6 million
- Revenue: $3.0 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Irene Dunne, Cary Grant, Ralph Bellamy, Alexander D’Arcy, Cecil Cunningham, Molly Lamont, Esther Dale, Joyce Compton, Robert Allen, Robert Warwick, Mary Forbes, Claud Allister, Al Bridge, Edgar Dearing, Wyn Cahoon, Sarah Edwards, Bess Flowers, Mitchell Harris, Dell Henderson, Scott Kolk, Bert Moorhouse, Miki Morita, Edmund Mortimer, Zita Moulton, George C. Pearce, Edward Peil Sr.-Paul Stanton, John Tyrrell, Frank C. Wilson, Ruth Cherrington, Dora Clement, Arthur Stuart Hull, Frank McLure, Frances Raymond, Bruce Sidney, Lee Willard, Skippy
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Awful Truth”
The Awful Truth is a romantic comedy released in 1937. It stars Irene Dunne and Cary Grant as Lucy and Jerry Warriner, a married couple on the brink of divorce. After Jerry is suspected of infidelity, Lucy sets out to prove he is guilty and win back her husband.
The movie begins with Lucy and Jerry’s marriage on the rocks. Lucy is suspicious of Jerry’s behavior and believes he is having an affair. After her suspicions are confirmed, Lucy decides to take matters into her own hands and embarks on a mission to prove his infidelity.
Lucy begins her quest by enlisting the help of her friend and former suitor, Dan Leeson (Ralph Bellamy). Together, they hatch a plan to fool Jerry into thinking Dan is still courting Lucy. Meanwhile, Jerry sets out to prove his innocence and win back his wife.
The movie follows the couple as they travel between New York and Florida, trying to outwit each other. Along the way, they encounter a number of colorful characters, including a nosy neighbor, a suspicious hotel clerk, and a suspicious detective.
The Awful Truth culminates in a wild courtroom scene, in which Jerry and Lucy both present their cases. In the end, the judge rules in favor of Lucy, and the couple reunites. In the final scene, the couple reconciles and decides to stay married.
Where to Watch “The Awful Truth”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Awful Truth”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Awful Truth” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Awful Truth” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Awful Truth