- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The mad story of a true man.
- Genres: Drama, History, Thriller
- Release Date: 2004-05-17
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $3.5 million
- Production Companies: Monsoon Pictures, Open City Films, Anhelo Productions, Appian Way
Cast & Crew
Sean Penn, Don Cheadle, Jack Thompson, Mykelti Williamson, Michael Wincott, Naomi Watts, Nick Searcy, Brad William Henke, Tracy Middendorf, Lily Knight, April Grace, Jared Dorrance, Jenna Milton, Mariah Massa, Eileen Ryan, Derek Greene, Joe Marinelli, Robert Kenneth Cooper, Kenneth White, Brett Rickaby, James Morrison Reese, Frank Brown Jr.-James Carraway, Jay Jacobus, J. C. MacKenzie, Kathryn Howell, Denise Balthrop Cassidy, Gary L. Mack, Melissa Saltzman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Assassination of Richard Nixon”
The Assassination of Richard Nixon is a 2004 biographical drama film directed by Niels Mueller and starring Sean Penn, Naomi Watts, and Don Cheadle. The film is based on the true story of Samuel J. Byck, a mentally disturbed man who attempted to assassinate President Richard Nixon in 1974.
The story follows Byck (Penn) as he struggles with his own personal demons and the pressures of society. He is a failed businessman, having lost his job and his wife and children leaving him. He is desperate for a way to make a difference in the world and finds an unlikely outlet in the form of a plan to assassinate President Nixon.
Byck begins to obsess over his plan, and as his desperation and mental instability increase, he becomes increasingly convinced that the only way to save the world is to kill the President. He begins to acquire weapons and explosives and makes a number of attempts to get close to Nixon, only to be thwarted by security.
Eventually, Byck succeeds in hijacking a commercial airliner and forces the pilot to fly him to Washington, D.C., with the intention of crashing the plane into the White House. However, the plane crashes short of its destination, killing Byck and the pilot.
The Assassination of Richard Nixon is a powerful and gripping drama that examines the depths of despair and desperation that can lead a man to take drastic measures to make a difference in the world. It is a story of courage and
Where to Watch “The Assassination of Richard Nixon”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Assassination of Richard Nixon”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Assassination of Richard Nixon” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Assassination of Richard Nixon” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Assassination of Richard Nixon