- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Comedy, Thriller
- Release Date: 2019-07-12
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $2.4 million
- Production Companies: End Cue
Cast & Crew
Jesse Eisenberg, Alessandro Nivola, Imogen Poots, Steve Terada, David Zellner, Phillip Andre Botello, Jason Burkey, Hauke Bahr, Dallas Edwards, Mike Brooks, C.J. Rush, Leland Orser, Josh Fadem, Davey Johnson, Katherine Martin, Cameron Murphy, Nicholas Hulstine, Lena Friedrich, Frederic Spitz, Louis Robert Thompson, Katherine Smith, Rodden, Apollo Bacala, Caroline Amiguet
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Art of Self-Defense”
The Art of Self-Defense is a dark comedy set in an alternative universe where martial arts are the only way to gain respect. The film follows Casey Davies (Jesse Eisenberg), an introverted and timid accountant who is constantly bullied and taken advantage of. After being mugged one night, he decides to take up karate lessons with a mysterious sensei (Alessandro Nivola).
At first, Casey is hesitant and awkward, but with the guidance of the sensei, he slowly begins to embrace the art of self-defense. As he progresses, he discovers that the world of martial arts is much more than just physical combat. It’s a way of life, with its own code of honor, respect, and discipline.
Casey continues to train and soon finds himself at the center of a violent power struggle between the sensei and his rivals. He must use his newfound skills to protect himself and those he loves, while also trying to stay true to the principles of the martial arts.
The Art of Self-Defense is a darkly humorous look at the power of self-defense and the importance of standing up for oneself. It’s a thrilling ride that will leave you feeling empowered and inspired.
Where to Watch “The Art of Self-Defense”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Art of Self-Defense”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Art of Self-Defense” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Art of Self-Defense” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Art of Self-Defense