- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Nerve-shattering terror!
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction
- Release Date: 1959-07-16
- Runtime: 74.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Associated Producers (API)
Cast & Crew
Beverly Garland, Richard Crane, Frieda Inescort, George Macready, Lon Chaney Jr.-Bruce Bennett, Douglas Kennedy, Vince Townsend Jr.-Ruby Goodwin, Dudley Dickerson, Hal K. Dawson, Boyd Stockman, Bill Bradley
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Alligator People”
The Alligator People is a 1959 American horror film directed by Roy Del Ruth and starring Beverly Garland, Lon Chaney Jr., and Richard Crane.
The story follows Jean Johnson (Beverly Garland), a young woman who is searching for her missing husband, Paul (Richard Crane). After months of searching, Jean finally tracks Paul down to a mysterious Louisiana plantation owned by Dr. Ben McLain (Lon Chaney Jr.).
At the plantation, Jean discovers that Paul has been subjected to a bizarre experiment that has transformed him into a half-human, half-alligator creature. She also learns that Dr. McLain has been experimenting on other people as well, turning them into alligator people.
Jean and Paul manage to escape the plantation with the help of a sympathetic plantation worker (George Mitchell). Together, they must find a way to undo the experiment and restore Paul to his original human form.
Meanwhile, the police are on the hunt for the alligator people, and Dr. McLain is determined to keep his experiments a secret. With the help of the plantation worker, Jean and Paul must evade the police and find a way to undo the experiment before it’s too late.
The Alligator People is a thrilling horror film full of suspense and mystery. It follows Jean and Paul on their desperate mission to undo the experiment and restore Paul to his human form. Along the way, they must evade the police and the mysterious Dr. McL
Where to Watch “The Alligator People”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Alligator People”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Alligator People” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Alligator People” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Alligator People