- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Nice Wheels. Dirty Deals. And One Mean Mother In A Kilt.
- Genres: Thriller, Action, Comedy, Crime
- Release Date: 2001-12-07
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $27.0 million
- Revenue: $12.9 million
- Production Companies: The Film Consortium, Alliance Atlantis, National Lottery, Fifty First Films, Artists Production Group (APG)-Film Council
Cast & Crew
Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Carlyle, Emily Mortimer, Meat Loaf, Rhys Ifans, Sean Pertwee, Ricky Tomlinson, Michael Starke, Anna Keaveney, Paul Barber, Stephen Walters, Nigel Whitmey, Mac McDonald, Michael J. Reynolds, Junix Inocian, Jake Abraham, Aaron Swartz, David Webber, Nick Bartlett, Angus MacInnes, Robert Fyfe, Robert Jezek, Joan Campion, Terry O’Neill, Marc Anwar, Paul Broughton, Sonny Muslim, Barbara Barnes, Christopher Hunter, James Roach, Ade
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The 51st State”
The 51st State is a 2001 British-Canadian action-comedy film directed by Ronny Yu and starring Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Carlyle, Emily Mortimer, and Meat Loaf.
The story follows Elmo McElroy (Samuel L. Jackson), a master chemist and former drug dealer who is released from prison, only to find himself in the middle of a power struggle between two rival drug lords. Elmo is recruited by the mysterious Felix DeSouza (Robert Carlyle) to help him create a new designer drug called “POS 51” that will revolutionize the drug trade.
Elmo travels to Liverpool, England, where he meets Dakota (Emily Mortimer), an American stripper who is also looking to make a quick buck. The two team up and travel to Manchester, where they meet up with the eccentric drug lord, the Lizard (Meat Loaf). The Lizard agrees to finance the production of POS 51, and Elmo and Dakota begin manufacturing the drug in an old warehouse.
However, the Lizard’s rival, the ruthless drug lord known as the Bull (Ricky Tomlinson), has his own plans for the drug. He sends his henchmen to hijack Elmo and Dakota’s shipment of POS 51, and the two are forced to flee to London.
Once in London, Elmo and Dakota enlist the help of an old friend, the mysterious Mr. St. John (Ricky
Where to Watch “The 51st State”
If you are wondering where to watch “The 51st State”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The 51st State” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The 51st State” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The 51st State