- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, War
- Release Date: 1999-03-25
- Runtime: 117.0 min
- Budget: $12.0 million
- Revenue: $21.0 million
- Production Companies: Medusa Produzione, Cattleya, Cineritmo, Film and General Productions
Cast & Crew
Joan Plowright, Maggie Smith, Cher, Judi Dench, Lily Tomlin, Baird Wallace, Charlie Lucas, Michael Williams, Paul Chequer, Massimo Ghini, Paolo Seganti, Tessa Pritchard, Claudio Spadaro, Roberto Farnesi, Chris Larkin, Giacomo Gonnella, Allan Caister Pearce, Hermann Weiskopf
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Tea with Mussolini”
Tea with Mussolini is a British-Italian comedy-drama film released in 1999. It follows a group of English and American women living in Italy during the 1930s and 1940s who form a unique bond with each other, as well as with an Italian art connoisseur, to protect and nurture a young boy in their care.
The story is set in Florence, Italy in the 1930s as the country is on the brink of war. A group of English and American women, known as the “Scorpioni,” have formed a close bond in the city and are led by Lady Hester Random, a wealthy English woman. They are also in the care of Countess Francoise de Cécile, a French aristocrat.
The group are dedicated to protecting a young boy named Luca, who is the illegitimate son of a local Italian baron. Luca is taken under the wing of the Scorpioni and is raised with love and care.
However, their lives are thrown into turmoil when Mussolini’s fascist regime takes power and the Scorpioni must face the rising tide of anti-Semitism and the threat of war. Despite the danger, the group remain true to their beliefs and continue to protect Luca.
The story follows Luca’s coming of age and his relationship with the Scorpioni, as well as his struggles to find his own identity in a society that is hostile to him. The film culminates in
Where to Watch “Tea with Mussolini”
If you are wondering where to watch “Tea with Mussolini”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Tea with Mussolini” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Tea with Mussolini” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Tea with Mussolini