- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A Trilogy of Shock and Horror!
- Genres: Thriller, Comedy, Horror, Mystery
- Release Date: 1962-07-04
- Runtime: 89.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Alta Vista Productions
Cast & Crew
Vincent Price, Maggie Pierce, Leona Gage, Peter Lorre, Joyce Jameson, Basil Rathbone, Debra Paget, David Frankham, Lennie Weinrib, Wally Campo, Alan DeWitt, John Hackett, Edmund Cobb, Scott Brown, Benjie Bancroft, Paul Bradley, Kenneth Gibson, Kenner G. Kemp, Jack Kenny, Cosmo Sardo, Jack Tornek
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Tales of Terror”
Tales of Terror is a 1962 horror anthology film directed by Roger Corman. It follows three stories of terror and suspense based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe.
The first story, “Morella”, follows Lenora (Maggie Pierce) as she returns to her ancestral home to reconcile with her ailing father, who has not seen her since she was a child. When she arrives, she discovers that her father has died and that her mother’s spirit still haunts the house. Lenora soon finds out the truth about her mother’s death and the secrets of her father’s past.
The second story, “The Black Cat”, follows Fortunato (Vincent Price) and his wife Annabelle (Joyce Jameson). Fortunato is a wine connoisseur who becomes obsessed with a black cat that he finds in an old wine cellar. His obsession leads him to murder his wife, and he is soon haunted by the ghost of the cat.
The third story, “The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar”, follows Dr. Charles Bedlo (Peter Lorre) as he attempts to hypnotize a dying man, Ernest Valdemar (Basil Rathbone). Bedlo discovers that he has put Valdemar into a state of suspended animation, and is unable to wake him. As Valdemar’s body begins to decay, Bedlo must find a way to undo the hypnosis before it
Where to Watch “Tales of Terror”
If you are wondering where to watch “Tales of Terror”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Tales of Terror” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Tales of Terror” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Tales of Terror