- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When one falls, another brings him home.
- Genres: Drama, History, War, TV Movie
- Release Date: 2009-09-21
- Runtime: 77.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Motion Picture Corporation of America, HBO, HBO Films
Cast & Crew
Kevin Bacon, Tom Aldredge, Nicholas Art, Blanche Baker, Guy Boyd, Gordon Clapp, Emily Wickersham, Mike Colter, Enver Gjokaj, Ann Dowd, John Magaro
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Taking Chance”
Taking Chance is a 2009 American drama film directed by Ross Katz and based on the experiences of Lt. Colonel Michael Strobl, a volunteer military escort officer who accompanied the body of a fallen Marine, PFC Chance Phelps, back to his hometown of Dubois, Wyoming.
The movie begins with Lt. Colonel Michael Strobl (Kevin Bacon) as he is assigned to escort the remains of 19-year-old Marine PFC Chance Phelps back to his hometown of Dubois, Wyoming. As he embarks on his journey, Strobl is overwhelmed by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for the fallen soldier. Along the way, Strobl meets and speaks with countless strangers who share their stories about Phelps and the impact he had on their lives.
Strobl’s journey takes him from Dover Air Force Base, to Baltimore, to the Midwest, and finally to Dubois. As Strobl travels, he reflects on his own experiences in the military and the sacrifices made by Phelps and other soldiers. He also reflects on the many strangers he has encountered who have shown him so much kindness and respect.
When Strobl finally arrives in Dubois, he is met by Phelps’ family and friends, as well as members of the community. Despite his grief, Strobl is deeply moved by the outpouring of love and support for Phelps. After the funeral, Strobl returns home to his family, and is finally able to find peace and solace.
Where to Watch “Taking Chance”
If you are wondering where to watch “Taking Chance”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Taking Chance” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Taking Chance” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Taking Chance