- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Crime lives!
- Genres: Comedy, Crime
- Release Date: 1969-08-18
- Runtime: 85.0 min
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Woody Allen, Janet Margolin, Marcel Hillaire, Jacquelyn Hyde, Lonny Chapman, Jan Merlin, James Anderson, Howard Storm, Mark Gordon, Micil Murphy, Minnow Moskowitz, Nate Jacobson, Grace Bauer, Ethel Sokolow, Dan Frazer, Henry Leff, Mike O’Dowd, Jackson Beck, Louise Lasser
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Take the Money and Run”
Take the Money and Run is a 1969 comedy film starring Woody Allen and directed by him as well. The story follows Virgil Starkwell, a clumsy and bumbling bank robber who is determined to make a name for himself in the criminal underworld.
The film begins with Virgil’s failed attempt at robbing a bank, where he is quickly apprehended by the police. He is then sentenced to prison, where he learns all the tricks of the trade and meets a fellow inmate who teaches him the art of the perfect bank robbery.
After his release from prison, Virgil begins to plan his biggest and most daring heist yet. He partners up with a small-time con artist, Louise, and together they hatch a plan to rob a bank in broad daylight. However, things quickly go awry and Virgil finds himself on the run from the police.
During his escape, Virgil meets up with Louise again and they decide to go on the lam together. They travel around the country, pulling off small-time robberies and trying to stay one step ahead of the law. As they evade capture, Virgil and Louise fall in love and eventually decide to get married.
The movie culminates with Virgil and Louise’s final attempt at the perfect bank robbery. With the police hot on their trail, they must rely on their wits and each other to make it out alive. Will they succeed or will they be caught? You’ll have to watch the
Where to Watch “Take the Money and Run”
If you are wondering where to watch “Take the Money and Run”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Take the Money and Run” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Take the Money and Run” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Take the Money and Run