- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Everyone says he should date girls his own age. Oscar respectfully disagrees.
- Genres: Drama, Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 2002-07-19
- Runtime: 79.0 min
- Budget: $0.1 million
- Revenue: $2.9 million
- Production Companies: Miramax, IFC Productions, InDigEnt (Independent Digital Entertainment)-Dolly Hall Productions
Cast & Crew
Aaron Stanford, Sigourney Weaver, John Ritter, Bebe Neuwirth, Robert Iler, Adam LeFevre, Peter Appel, Alicia Van Couvering, Kate Mara, Ron Rifkin, Paul Butler, Hope Chernov, Debbon Ayer, Michael Connors, Theo Kogan, Harry Kellerman, Reade Kelly, Danielle Di Vecchio, John Feltch, Henri Binje, Lee Brock, Giselle Berk, Steven Disomma, Charles Fombrun, Joyce Grodinsky, Joan Roland, Lou Vitale, Penny Winick, Marcia DeBonis, Seth Gabel, Ebonie Smith
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Tadpole”
Tadpole is a romantic comedy released in 2002 starring Sigourney Weaver, Bebe Neuwirth, and Aaron Stanford.
The story follows 15-year-old Oscar Grubman (Aaron Stanford), an intelligent but awkward teenager who is visiting his stepmother, Eve (Sigourney Weaver), in New York City for the summer. While there, he falls in love with his stepmother’s best friend, the beautiful and sophisticated Diane (Bebe Neuwirth). When Eve finds out, she is not pleased. She and Diane have been friends since college and she wants Oscar to focus on his studies and not be distracted by romance.
Oscar, however, is determined to win Diane’s heart and so he sets out to impress her. He takes her out on dates, buys her expensive gifts, and even lies to her about his age. Eventually, Diane begins to reciprocate Oscar’s affections and the two start a romantic relationship.
Meanwhile, Eve is trying to set Oscar up with the daughter of one of her friends, in an attempt to keep him away from Diane. But Oscar and Diane are determined to stay together and eventually, Eve comes around and accepts their relationship.
In the end, Oscar and Diane are still together and have managed to overcome the obstacles of their age difference and the disapproval of Eve. Tadpole is a charming and humorous story about young love and the obstacles that come with it.
Where to Watch “Tadpole”
If you are wondering where to watch “Tadpole”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Tadpole” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Tadpole” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Tadpole