- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2010-09-01
- Runtime: 87.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Air Loom Enterprises, Moxie Pictures
Cast & Crew
Joyce McKinney, Peter Tory, Troy Williams, Jackson Shaw, Kent Gavin, Jin Han Hong
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Tabloid”
Tabloid is a 2010 American documentary film directed by Errol Morris about Joyce McKinney, a former beauty queen who made headlines in the 1970s when she was accused of kidnapping and raping a Mormon missionary in England.
The movie begins with McKinney’s story, which began in 1977 when she traveled to England to be with her boyfriend, Kirk Anderson, a Mormon missionary. McKinney believed that Anderson had been brainwashed and kidnapped by the Mormon church, so she decided to rescue him. She hired a private detective to help her, and the two of them tracked Anderson down and abducted him.
McKinney and Anderson then had a brief romantic interlude before the police tracked them down and arrested them. McKinney was charged with kidnapping and rape, but she denied the charges and claimed that Anderson had willingly gone with her. She was eventually released on bail, but the story made headlines around the world.
The movie follows McKinney as she deals with the aftermath of her story, which included an appearance on The Tonight Show, a stint as a celebrity bodyguard, and a move to Los Angeles. It also looks at the media’s fascination with her and the tabloid culture that surrounded her.
The movie culminates with McKinney’s return to England in 2010 to face her past. She is ultimately acquitted of the charges against her, but the movie leaves open the question of what really happened between McKinney and Anderson.
Tabloid is a
Where to Watch “Tabloid”
If you are wondering where to watch “Tabloid”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Tabloid” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Tabloid” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Tabloid