- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The story of a man who took the law into his own finger!
- Genres: Action, Comedy, Western
- Release Date: 1971-05-26
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: United Artists
Cast & Crew
James Garner, Suzanne Pleshette, Jack Elam, Harry Morgan, Joan Blondell, Marie Windsor, John Dehner, Henry Jones, Dub Taylor, Kathleen Freeman, Dick Curtis, Willis Bouchey, Walter Burke, Gene Evans, Grady Sutton, Ellen Corby, Ben Cooper, Virginia Capers, Herb Vigran, Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez, Mike Wagner, Terry Wilson, Roy Glenn, John Wheeler, Jerry Gatlin, Dick Haynes
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Support Your Local Gunfighter”
Support Your Local Gunfighter is a Western comedy released in 1971 starring James Garner, Jack Elam, and Suzanne Pleshette. The movie follows the story of conman Latigo Smith, played by Garner, who is on the run from a group of outlaws. He finds refuge in a small western town, where he meets the local sheriff, played by Elam. The sheriff soon realizes that Smith is a fraud, but decides to use him to help the town get rid of the outlaws.
The townspeople are initially wary of Smith, but they eventually warm up to him and come to rely on him for help. Smith, in turn, helps them out by using his con-man skills to outwit the outlaws. He also falls in love with the sheriff’s daughter, played by Pleshette.
Smith eventually succeeds in getting rid of the outlaws, but not before they kidnap the sheriff’s daughter. Smith embarks on a daring rescue mission to save her, and in the process, discovers a hidden gold mine. He uses the gold to buy the town’s freedom from the outlaws and to pay for the sheriff’s daughter’s ransom.
In the end, Smith is able to save the day and the townspeople come to appreciate him for his courage and resourcefulness. The movie ends with Smith and the sheriff’s daughter embracing, as the townspeople celebrate
Where to Watch “Support Your Local Gunfighter”
If you are wondering where to watch “Support Your Local Gunfighter”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Support Your Local Gunfighter” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Support Your Local Gunfighter” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Support Your Local Gunfighter