- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: In the farthest reaches of space, something has gone terribly wrong.
- Genres: Science Fiction, Horror, Fantasy, Thriller
- Release Date: 2000-01-14
- Runtime: 91.0 min
- Budget: $90.0 million
- Revenue: $14.8 million
- Production Companies: Hammerhead Productions, Screenland Pictures, United Artists, Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
James Spader, Angela Bassett, Robert Forster, Lou Diamond Phillips, Peter Facinelli, Robin Tunney, Wilson Cruz, Eddy Rice Jr.-Knox White, Kerrigan Mahan, Vanessa Marshall, Kevin Sizemore
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Supernova”
Supernova is a science fiction film released in 2000-01-14. It follows the story of a rescue ship in deep space that is sent to investigate a distress signal from a distant planet.
The film begins with the crew of the medical rescue ship, the Nightingale 229, receiving a distress signal from a distant planet. The crew, consisting of Captain Nick Vanzant (James Spader), Doctor Kaela Evers (Angela Bassett), and navigator Yerzy Penalosa (Robert Forster), are dispatched to investigate the signal.
Upon arriving at the planet, the crew discovers a derelict vessel that has been abandoned. After exploring the vessel, they find a strange alien artifact that is emitting a powerful energy signature. They soon discover that the artifact is a supernova, a powerful weapon capable of destroying entire planets.
The crew is then contacted by the mysterious alien race known as the “Guardians of the Galaxy”. The Guardians explain that the supernova was created by their ancestors and was intended to be used as a weapon of mass destruction. They warn the crew that the supernova must be destroyed before it is used against them.
The crew must now find a way to destroy the supernova before it is used against them. In order to do this, they must find a way to control the supernova and use it to their advantage.
The crew must face many dangers as they try to save the galaxy
Where to Watch “Supernova”
If you are wondering where to watch “Supernova”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Supernova” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Supernova” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Supernova