- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The first ever reality-based movie … everything begins and ends in 30 days!
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2004-01-17
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: $0.1 million
- Revenue: $28.6 million
- Production Companies: Kathbur Pictures, The Con, Studio On Hudson, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Cast & Crew
Morgan Spurlock, Daryl Isaacs, Lisa Ganjhu, Stephen Siegel, Bridget Bennett, Eric Rowley, Mark Fenton, Alexandra Jamieson, John Banzhaf, David Satcher, Lisa Young, Kelly Brownell, Jacob Sullum, Tommy Thompson, William J. Klish
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Super Size Me”
Super Size Me is a 2004 American documentary film directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock. The film documents Spurlock’s month-long experiment of eating only McDonald’s food, three times per day.
The film begins with Spurlock interviewing several medical professionals to discuss the effects of fast food on the human body. He also interviews a number of people on the street, asking them about their eating habits and their knowledge of the potential health risks associated with fast food.
Spurlock then begins his experiment, eating only McDonald’s food for thirty days. He visits three McDonald’s restaurants every day, and is required to “super size” his meal if asked. He also visits a nutritionist and a personal trainer before the experiment, and then again at regular intervals throughout the experiment.
The experiment takes a toll on Spurlock’s physical and mental health. He gains 24.5 pounds, his cholesterol skyrockets, and he experiences mood swings and depression. The film also follows Spurlock as he visits a number of schools and talks to children about nutrition and the dangers of fast food.
At the end of the experiment, Spurlock visits a number of medical professionals to discuss the effects of his month of eating only McDonald’s. The doctors are shocked by the results, and Spurlock is warned that he could suffer long-term health problems if he does not change his diet.
The film ends with Spurlock reflecting on the experiment and its implications. He
Where to Watch “Super Size Me”
If you are wondering where to watch “Super Size Me”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Super Size Me” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Super Size Me” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Super Size Me