- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When it happens… there’s nothing like it!
- Genres: Music, Romance, Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2013-10-03
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: DNA Films
Cast & Crew
George MacKay, Kevin Guthrie, Paul Brannigan, Jane Horrocks, Peter Mullan, Freya Mavor, Antonia Thomas, Jason Flemyng, Sara Vickers, Paul McCole, Elaine MacKenzie Ellis, Gayle Telfer Stevens, Emma Hartley, Miller, John Spence, Emily, Jane Boyle, Daniela Nardini
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Sunshine on Leith”
Sunshine on Leith is a 2013 British musical film based on the stage musical of the same name, which in turn is based on the music of the popular Scottish band The Proclaimers. The film follows the story of two Scottish soldiers, Davy and Ally, who return home to Edinburgh after a tour of duty in Afghanistan.
Davy and Ally are welcomed home by their families, but they soon discover that life at home is not as easy as they had hoped. Davy’s girlfriend Liz is struggling to adjust to his return, while Ally is struggling to come to terms with his feelings for his best friend’s girlfriend, Yvonne. As the two friends try to find their way in the world, they must also navigate the complexities of their relationships with their families, friends, and each other.
The film follows Davy and Ally as they attempt to find their place in the world and come to terms with their new lives. Along the way, they must deal with issues of family, friendship, and romance, as well as the challenges of re-adjusting to civilian life. Through a series of events, the two friends discover the importance of relying on each other, and eventually find the strength to move forward and embrace their new lives.
The film is set to the music of The Proclaimers, and features some of their most beloved songs, including “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles),” “I’m On My Way,” and
Where to Watch “Sunshine on Leith”
If you are wondering where to watch “Sunshine on Leith”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Sunshine on Leith” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Sunshine on Leith” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Sunshine on Leith