- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: All the pent-up yearning of her life was finally fulfilled … amid the splendor of the world’s most fabulous city!
- Genres: Drama, Romance, Comedy
- Release Date: 1955-01-01
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: $1.1 million
- Revenue: $2.0 million
- Production Companies: London Films Productions, United Artists
Cast & Crew
Katharine Hepburn, Rossano Brazzi, Isa Miranda, Darren McGavin, Mari Aldon, Jane Rose, MacDonald Parke, Jeremy Spenser, Gaetano Autiero, Virginia Simeon, André Morell, Tanya Lopert
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Summertime”
Summertime is a romantic drama set in Venice, Italy in the 1950s. The story follows Jane Hudson, a thirty-something spinster from Akron, Ohio who is on a vacation to Venice. Jane, who is an independent and strong-willed woman, is determined to make the most of her vacation and is determined to find love.
On her first day in Venice, Jane meets Renato de Rossi, a handsome Italian man who works in the city as a gondolier. Jane and Renato quickly become friends and soon sparks begin to fly between them. Jane finds herself falling in love with him, but Renato is hesitant to pursue a relationship due to his fear of commitment.
Over the course of the summer, Jane and Renato explore the city together, visiting its many sights and attractions. As they spend more time together, Renato begins to open up to Jane and the two grow closer. However, Renato’s fear of commitment still lingers and Jane is left wondering if he will ever commit to her.
As the summer comes to an end, Jane and Renato must face the reality of their situation. Will Renato be able to overcome his fear of commitment and make a commitment to Jane? Or will Jane have to return to Ohio heartbroken? Summertime is a romantic drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
Where to Watch “Summertime”
If you are wondering where to watch “Summertime”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Summertime” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Summertime” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Summertime