- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: At Ocean Front High, what do they call a guy who cuts classes, hates homework, and lives for summer vacations? Teacher.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 1987-07-22
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $35.1 million
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
Mark Harmon, Kirstie Alley, Courtney Thorne, Smith, Dean Cameron, Gary Riley, Shawnee Smith, Fabiana Udenio, Ken Olandt, Robin Thomas, Kelly Jo Minter, Richard Steven Horvitz, Carl Reiner, DeeDee Rescher, Andrea Howard, Beau Starr, Prince Hughes, Amy Stoch, Patrick Labyorteaux, Duane Davis, Tom Troupe, Francis X. McCarthy, Lucy Lee Flippin, Laura Waterbury
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Summer School”
Summer School is a classic 80s comedy starring Mark Harmon and Kirstie Alley set in a summer school session.
The movie follows the misadventures of high school gym teacher Freddy Shoop (Mark Harmon) who is forced to take a job teaching remedial English at a summer school to make ends meet. He meets a host of colorful characters, including a group of wild and rebellious students, led by the troublemaker Chuck (Dean Cameron).
Chuck and his gang are determined to make Freddy’s life a living hell, and they pull every trick in the book to do so. But when Freddy discovers that the students are actually quite intelligent, he takes it upon himself to help them pass the class and graduate. With the help of his friend and colleague, the beautiful science teacher Claire (Kirstie Alley), Freddy begins to turn the students around and help them realize their potential.
The students soon embrace Freddy as one of their own, and they pull together to help him when he finds himself in a difficult situation. With the help of his students, Freddy is able to overcome the obstacles and ultimately help them pass the class.
Summer School is a classic 80s comedy that is sure to bring plenty of laughs and heartwarming moments. It is a story of friendship, loyalty, and determination that is sure to leave you feeling inspired.
Where to Watch “Summer School”
If you are wondering where to watch “Summer School”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Summer School” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Summer School” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Summer School