- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Suffragette
- Genres: Drama, History
- Release Date: 2015-10-16
- Runtime: 106.0
- Budget: $14.0 million
- Revenue: $16.0 million
- Production Companies: Ruby Films, Film4 Productions, BFI Film Fund, Ingenious Media, Canal+-Ciné+-Pathé, Focus Features
Cast & Crew
Carey Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson, Anne, Marie Duff, Meryl Streep, Ben Whishaw, Romola Garai, Samuel West, Geoff Bell, Natalie Press, Adrian Schiller, Amanda Lawrence, Adam Michael Dodd, Grace Stottor, Lorraine Stanley, Morgan Watkins, Finbar Lynch, Nick Hendrix, Shelley Longworth, Sarah Finigan, Drew Edwards, Adam Nagaitis, Lee Nicholas Harris, Joyce Henderson, Susie Baxter, Lisa Dillon, Matt Blair
Suffragette is a 2015 British historical drama film directed by Sarah Gavron and written by Abi Morgan. The film stars Carey Mulligan, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryl Streep, Anne-Marie Duff, Ben Whishaw, and Brendan Gleeson.
The film tells the story of the women’s suffrage movement in the United Kingdom during the early 20th century, particularly between 1912 and 1914. It follows Maud Watts (Mulligan), a working-class woman living in London who is drawn into the movement. Along with her friend Violet Miller (Duff), Maud meets a variety of people in the movement, including the militant suffragette leader Emmeline Pankhurst (Streep).
The film follows Maud’s journey as she becomes increasingly involved in the suffragette movement, despite the danger and opposition she faces. As the movement intensifies, Maud and her fellow suffragettes must make a stand for their rights and fight for the right to vote.
The film was well-received by critics, who praised its performances, direction, and subject matter. Suffragette was nominated for numerous awards, including a BAFTA Award for Best British Film
How & Where to Watch “Suffragette”
Wondering where to watch Suffragette?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Suffragette.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Suffragette” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Suffragette” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Suffragette