- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A comedy that doesn’t let principles stand in the way of progress.
- Genres: Drama, Comedy, Romance
- Release Date: 2011-03-18
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.9 million
- Production Companies: Ffilm Cymru Wales, Warp (Submarine)-Warp Films, Film4 Productions, Red Hour
Cast & Crew
Craig Roberts, Yasmin Paige, Sally Hawkins, Noah Taylor, Paddy Considine, Steffan Rhodri, Darren Evans, Osian Cai Dulais, Lily McCann, Otis Lloyd, Elinor Crawley, Gemma Chan, Melanie Walters, Sion Tudor Owen, Adrienne O’Sullivan, Jonny Wier, Lydia Fox, Lynn Hunter, Claire Cage, Edwin Ashcroft, Andrew Phillips, James Alexander Hill, Rikki Hall, Tom Ryan, James Jones, Sophy Brady, Halligan, Tanya Brady, Halligan, Sarah Pasquali, Ben Stiller
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Submarine”
Submarine is a 2011 British coming-of-age comedy-drama film written and directed by Richard Ayoade. The film follows 15-year-old Oliver Tate (Craig Roberts) as he navigates through the trials and tribulations of teenage life.
The film begins with Oliver Tate, a 15-year-old boy, who is struggling to fit in at school and deal with his parents’ failing marriage. His mother, Jill (Sally Hawkins), is a bit of a free spirit while his father, Lloyd (Noah Taylor), is a bit of an introvert who works at a local submarine factory. Oliver is determined to save his parents’ marriage by any means necessary.
At school, Oliver meets Jordana (Yasmin Paige), a mysterious and beautiful girl. Despite his awkwardness, Oliver is determined to win her over. He attempts to woo her with his knowledge of French cinema, but instead finds himself in a series of embarrassing situations.
Meanwhile, Oliver’s parents’ marriage continues to deteriorate. His mother is having an affair with a new age guru, while his father is struggling to deal with his own feelings of inadequacy.
As Oliver’s parents’ marriage falls apart, Oliver and Jordana’s relationship begins to blossom and Oliver finds himself torn between his parents and his first love. He must decide what is most important to him and take a stand for what he believes in.
Where to Watch “Submarine”
If you are wondering where to watch “Submarine”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Submarine” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Submarine” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Submarine