- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Going to high school for the first time is always scary… Especially the second time around.
- Genres: Comedy
- Release Date: 2006-07-28
- Runtime: 97.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Amy Sedaris, Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello, Greg Hollimon, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ian Holm, Chandra Wilson, Deborah Rush, Dan Hedaya, Joseph Cross, Elisabeth Harnois, Alexis Dziena, Carlo Alban, Allison Janney, Dolores Duffy, Maria Christina Thayer, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Chris Pratt, Justin Theroux, Kristen Johnston, Sarah Thyre, Ryan Donowho, Wallace Little
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Strangers with Candy”
Strangers with Candy is a 2006 comedy film starring Amy Sedaris, Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello, and Greg Hollimon. The film is based on the Comedy Central television series of the same name, which ran from 1999 to 2000.
The film follows Jerri Blank (Sedaris), a 46-year-old ex-junkie, ex-con who returns to her hometown to make amends with her family and to start over as a freshman at Flatpoint High. Despite being the oldest student at the school, Jerri quickly makes friends with classmates Tammi Littlenut (Hollimon), a nerdy outcast, and Megawatti Sukanapalli (Dinello), a foreign exchange student.
As Jerri acclimates to life at Flatpoint, she finds herself in a variety of awkward situations, including dealing with her overbearing teacher, Mr. Noblet (Colbert), and a rivalry with the popular girl, Sara Sloane (Carly Craig). She also gets involved in a variety of schemes, such as a plan to get her classmate, Derrick (Justin Theroux), elected as student body president.
Things come to a head when Jerri’s past catches up with her and she must confront her family and her old nemesis, Principal Blackman (Ian Holm). With the help of her newfound friends, Jerri must find a way to make peace with her past and
Where to Watch “Strangers with Candy”
If you are wondering where to watch “Strangers with Candy”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Strangers with Candy” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Strangers with Candy” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Strangers with Candy